What can I add to dog food to make them eat it?
How often have you feed your dog and they decide that nope, I'm not eating this? You then ask yourself, what can I add to dog food to make them eat it?
Dogs are meat eaters by nature so feeding them bowls of kibble is convenient and easy to use, but you could boost nutrition by adding some variety and fresh foods.
As carnivores, dogs are healthier eating more meat and fewer carbs. Try replacing 50% of a dog’s kibble with fresh foods, lean meats or bone broth. Here are some of our favorite ways to improve a kibble-based diet.
Proteins are made up of amino acids, which are important to the overall health of our pets. And unlike fat and other nutrients, the body can't store up protein.
In order to obtain the necessary amount of protein it has to be supplied in the daily diet. Depending on your pet's age and activity level, protein needs will vary.
1. Lightly steamed veggies
This provides an antioxidant boost for all dogs, especially if they’re older or overweight.
Raw veggies should be finely grated, ground in a blender or food processor, so the cellulose is broken down.
2. Add cooked meat or eggs
Dogs evolved eating a diet of about 50% protein, which they obtained from their prey.
Adding extra high-quality meat or egg protein reduces the overall carbohydrate content, and is especially good for active dogs or dogs who have become overweight from a high-carbohydrate diet.
Eggs should be cooked and can be lightly scrambled.
3. Add oils for essential fatty acids
Fish oil is great for all dogs, containing essential fatty acids to strengthen the immune system, improve inflammatory conditions such as allergies and arthritis, and beautify skin and coat.
5. Add cottage cheese, yogurt, or canned fish
Dogs love and thrive on extra protein.
Cultured dairy proteins and canned tuna, sardines, or salmon are good choices.
6. Feed meaty parts of poultry
Chicken breast and turkey are lean meats that are high in protein. They contain vitamins and minerals as well as amino acids. This will promote good health and boost your pet's immune system as well as help with any weight loss program.
7. Lean ground beef
Rich in essential amino acids, minerals and vitamins, lean ground beef is also an excellent diet food for pets. It too, however, should be consumed cooked. Raw meat may contain bacteria that could be harmful to your pet.
8. USDA Certified Organic Bone Broth
Feeding a picky eater can be an exercise in futility, bone broth to the rescue!!
- Upgrade your dog's diet and nutrition.
- Improve your dogs' joint and digestion health, and get any picky eater to eat. We guarantee it.
- Easy to use, just add our bone broth to the food your dog is already eating, Boost the flavor of ordinary food and kibble for a picky eater.
- Improves immune system
An active, balanced digestion system - contains the probiotic Lactobacillus.
- The best probiotic for dogs with diarrhea or loose stools is Lactobacillus.
- Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone broth contains the all-natural probiotic Lactobacillus.
- Better absorption of nutrients and vitamins,
- Moisten dry food to ease chewing for senior dogs
- Reduces joint pain and inflammation - Reduction in joint pain (patented). Contains naturally occurring Glucosamine, Chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, and is enhanced with Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen.
- Each tablespoon of Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone Broth contains 10 mg of Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen
- Clinical studies have shown that adding 10 mg of Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen daily experienced a significant reduction in overall pain within 30 days.
With an overall pain reduction of 62%; reduction in exercise-associated lameness, 78%, and pain reduction upon limb manipulation, 91%.
- At 120 days, the maximum reduction in pain was noted
- Perfect for dogs of all ages and sizes.
- Naturally, recharge your dog’s energy levels.
- Gives your dog top-of-the-line nutrition without going through the stress of changing your dog’s food.
- Naturally loaded with proteins, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, and Glycosylated Undenatured Type II collagen for joint repair and joint and cartridge health, natural probiotic Lactobacillus for digestion health, vitamins, balanced electrolytes, essential and non-essential amino acids.
- Save money at the veterinarian by investing in your dog’s health today.
7 Reasons Why You Should Add Bone Broth To Your Dogs Diet
- Bone broth has an extensive list of vitamins and minerals from which your dog can benefit.
- Bone broth include glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid. These all contribute to keeping your pet's joints lubricated, strong, and flexible so your dog can run after their squeaky toy or jogging with you. If you own a dog suffering from arthritis, he/she'll be forever grateful for their cup of yummy bone broth every day!
- Bone broth is loaded with an amino acid called glycine that helps with the liver's detoxification process and protects it from damage.
- Another way bone broth-sourced glycine can help your dog is to work together with another bone broth-sources amino acid called proline to keep their digestive tract healthy and prevent intestinal permeability called leaky gut syndrome. When your dog has a leaky gut, it creates big holes in the intestines, allowing undigested food and toxins to enter their body. The amino duo helps strengthen and restore the lining of their intestines to protect them from ulcers and food sensitivities and help promote the proliferation of good bacteria (probiotics) in your dog's gut.
- Slow cooking of bone broth releases amino acids from the bones to the broth, which can help combat allergies, asthma (yes, your dog can be asthmatic, too), and arthritis while even reducing respiratory inflammation. Because of its surplus of vitamins and minerals, bone broth can help support your pet's immune system and avoid feelings of fatigue, weakness, and dehydration.
- Ideally you want to and try to avoid feeding your dog a meal that contains grains or dairy products, as these are two of the most common allergens dogs have. In its most basic form, bone broth is grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free, making it relatively easy for your dog to digest their filling meal happily.
- Dogs that suffer from a digestive problem like diarrhea or are currently recuperating from an operation or illness tend to have difficulty restoring their appetite. Their weakened state might make kibble-eating much more taxing - but that's where bone broth comes in! You can get creative in the way you feed your pet bone broth: serve it on its own, mixed in with their kibbles, or in the form of ice cubes on a warm day. In any case, their tails will be wagging in anticipation for the next savory meal!he problem with feeding your pet kibbles and nothing else is that it makes it harder for their body to digest their food. Whether your dog is sick or not, combining the hearty nutrition that bone broth offers with the crunchy texture of kibbles can help him/her digest those hard-to-digest carbs better and add moisture to his meal to make it easier to go down. Using this wet and dry combo meal will not only get your four-legged companion more excited for the next chow time, but it can help prevent them from contracting urinary stones or UTIs, too.
Enjoy the power and health benefits of Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone Broth to improve your dogs' health.
Happy, healthy, active dogs lick their bowl clean with Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone Broth added.
- SUPPORTS JOINT HEALTH: Every serving of Active Dawg Bone Broth for dogs have naturally occurring Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid. enriched with Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen to support healthy hips and joints in all dogs including puppies and older dogs.
- Feeding your dog USDA Certified Organic, All-Natural Chicken Bone Broth high in Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen increases the amount of collagen in the tissues and helps protect our dog's joints from unnecessary stress and injury.
- Clinical studies have shown that adding 10mg of Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen daily experienced a significant reduction in overall pain within 30 days.
- Each tablespoon of Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone Broth contains 10 mg of Glycosylated Undenatured Type-II Collagen.
ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Active Dawg Bone Broth is made with USDA Certified Organic, all-natural human-grade ingredients, nutrients, it is so pure it contains one ingredient- chicken bone broth and nothing else.
- Active Dawg USDA Certificated Organic chicken bone broth is free of artificial flavors dyes, fillers, grains, artificial coloring, preservatives, fillers, antibiotics, hormones, and no GMOs and is gluten-free.
- BIG ON FLAVOR AND NUTRIENTS, LOW ON SODIUM: Our hydrating dog broth topper is made with USDA Certified Organic chicken and nothing else, all-natural, delicious, savory flavor and makes dry kibble and dog food easy to eat. It is packed with protein and vitamins while only containing naturally occurring 0.44 grams of sodium.
- PATENTED PROBIOTIC EFFECT TO AID WITH DIGESTION: Probiotics are beneficial microorganisms that can be used to naturally prevent and treat a wide range of health problems, including diarrhea.
- Probiotics help regulate the immune system that lives in your dog’s gut. They help reduce inflammation, one of the core causes of diarrhea. The best probiotic for dogs with diarrhea is Lactobacillus.
- Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone broth contains the all-natural probiotic Lactobacillus. It's highly digestible is a naturally complete protein free of common allergens and contains essential and nonessential amino acids. The probiotic combined with naturally occurring gelatine is healing to the digestive tract and also aids in bone/wound healing.
- Bone Broth is a great nutrition additive for sick dogs. Ever had a dog with terrible diarrhea and had trouble getting then back on solid food? Or a dog who is convalescing and doesn’t have a great appetite but you know they need more nutrition.
- IMPROVED HYDRATION: Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic, All-Natural Chicken Bone Broth is great for Recovery and Re-Hydration.
- By flavoring water, it’s an easy way to increase fluid intake and with Active Dawg products, the sodium intake is minimal. Most dogs’ kidneys are working fine and their kidneys can handle the minimal sodium.
- In advanced stages of heat stress, as fluid levels are depleted in a dog, sodium levels will naturally increase as their blood thickens, at this point fluid replacement is needed.
- Bone broth can help replace electrolytes after intense exercise and aid in post-workout recovery. It’s a nice way to rehydrate the body, because of the liquid, and then replenish the sodium — that electrolyte — that was lost through sweat during exercise. The amino acids in bone broth provide the body with the building blocks it needs to rebuild muscle
- EASY TO USE & STORE: Only mix what you need, no longer will you have opened boxes of liquid bone broth filling your refrigerator. A 2 oz pack has approximately 30 severings for small dogs up to ~25 pounds. Packed in convenient 2 oz and 6 oz pouches, Active Dawg can be taken anywhere. Just add the correct amount based on the weight of your dog to a bottle of water, shake and serve or their water bowl, add water, and stir.
Doesn't your dog deserve Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone Broth?
- Is your dog a picky eater?
- Has your dog suddenly lost interest in eating their kibble?
- Are they knocking over their bowl out of boredom with their food?
- Are you tired of barely eaten or half-eaten bowls of kibble or dog food being returned to the kitchen barely eaten?
- Put a bowl of kibble in front of them and they immediately return it to the kitchen uneaten?
- Is your dog suffering from joint pain and/or arthritis?
- suffering from loose stools?
- Is your dog not drinking enough water? Taking your dog on a hike and want to ensure they stay hydrated?
Then your dog deserves Active Dawg USDA Certified Organic Chicken Bone Broth,
Active Dawg Chicken bone broth has only one ingredient -- USDA Certified Organic chicken bone broth. There are no additives.